Work with us!
Employer: MG USA, Inc. d/b/a Galleria of Stone
Position Location: Phoenix, AZ
Position: Purchasing Specialist
- Responsible for selection and purchase of stone products used in countertops, flooring, and other constructions from manufacturers in the U.S. and abroad (including Italy and Brazil)
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Analyze past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield, providing technical expertise of products
- Identify product demand to drive supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and implement ongoing performance management and improvement.
- Overseeing processes that will ensure inventory accuracy, i.e. regular cycle counting, product shipment accuracy and product receiving accuracy
Travel: Requires eventual trips to represent the company in trade fairs (Nationally And Internationally), visits to suppliers in Italy and Brazil (twice a year).
Salary: Available upon request
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week
Education Requirements: None
Experience Requirements: 5 years in job offered, Operation, sales or purchase position or closely related, all must be in the stone field
Special Skills Requirements:
- Work in stone industry with knowledge of the processes and people of the field
- Production site knowledge and experience with selection of products
- Experience with stone producers in Italy and Brazil
- Granite / Marble Specific Product Knowledge
- Granite / Marble Extraction and Production Process Knowledge
- Granite and Marble Selection / Grading Skills – must have knowledge of factories and quarries to select stone products
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resumes to: Byron Limbers at firstname.lastname@example.org ref Job#CS01. Proof of authorization to accept permanent full-time employment in U.S. required if hired.